Effective January 19, 2021, all reservations for procedures at Alda require a reservation deposit. The amount of the deposit is based on the amount of time required for each procedure. Deposits are credited toward procedure costs.
Deposits are forfeited when patients cancel with less than 24 hours notice for non-emergency reasons. If an emergency late cancellation is received due to illness, we may require medical clearance from a physician to reserve future time at our office.
- 30 – 60 Minute Procedure: $ 50 Deposit
- 60 – 180 Minute Procedure: $ 100 Deposit
- 3 Hour Procedure & Sculptra: 1/3 Estimated Procedure Cost
Alda defines an emergency as any sudden illness, injury, or trauma. Please do not arrive with illness or injury, it is best to wait until you are well.
Non-Emergency Cancellation Reasons
- My car won’t start
- My spouse/child took the car/wallet/credit card
- It’s not in the budget
- I totally forgot
- My boss scheduled a last minute Zoom call
- I woke up late**For example, but not limited to these reasons
Our practice needs our patients to be aware of our cancellation policy, and provide 24 hours advance notice for cancellations. When patients are invested financially, Alda receives cancellations with advanced notice. 24 Hour Advanced Notice of cancellations allows our practice to fill vacancies with patients on our waitlist.
We remind patients of their reservations and our policies in the following ways:
- 3 Days prior to a scheduled visit, Alda sends a text reminder with confirmation track back, patients can opt out of the appointment by replying N – and retain the service deposit
- 2 Days prior to a scheduled visit, Alda resends a text reminder with confirmation track back, patients can opt out of the appointment by replying N – and retain the service deposit
- 1 Day prior to a scheduled visit, Alda calls patients that have not responded to the text reminders, patients can opt out of the appointment over the phone – and retain the service deposit
- 1 Day prior to a visit, Alda sends an email and text reminder to complete patient forms in the portal, patients can opt out by replying to the text or email – and retain the service deposit
- We include reservation and cancellation policy reminders with all communication
- We send after hours calls to a provider for attentive servicing
- We accept communication by call, email, or text for patient convenience
How did we get here?
Though Alda provides multiple early appointment reminders and the convenience of digital communication we continue to receive last minute cancellations and “no-call, no-show” losses. On an excellent day, we encounter several emergency cancellations. On a terrible day, we receive a handful of non-emergency late cancellations or “no-shows” in addition to the several emergency cancellations. Sometimes this means an entire provider shift is wiped out.